University of Washington colloquia now includes a startup track – you can view these talks from their archives.
- "20 questions for startup success" – Norm Meyrowitz.
- "Understanding Venture Capital" – Panoff and Kingsland.
Some of these talks will be archived for download on the washington.edu colloquia site. In the past, some of the significant talks at the University of Washington were:
- "Perspectives on the Information Industry" – Eric Schmidt (Google).
- "BigTable: A distributed structured storage system" – Jeff Dean (Google).
- "Microsoft Research India – the first year" – P.Anandan (Microsoft).
- "Improving the Reliability of commodity operating systems" – Hank Levy.
- "Satan's computer – revisited" – Ross Anderson.
- "Rearchitecting the Internet protocols" – Tom Anderson.
You can also search the archives for other talks.