This mornings inspiration:
I am thinking of a single unifying entity to define and present my presence on the web.
- my presence Flickr, a photo blog
- my presence on this blog
- my presence on Orkut, Friendster, and LinkedIn
- my presence on Forums
- my presence on Yahoo! and MSN IM networks
- my presence on Amazon (as a reviewer)
- my presence on StumbleUpon
- other sites that I own, including my student homepage
- so many other places you could have a footprint
It shouldn’t be so hard to do? I’m sure Google and Yahoo are already thinking of the benefits if such a system. For them, they get huge amounts of customer data to mine and shape profiles from. While I don’t necessarily subscribe to that idea, I’d just prefer to be able to manage all my content. I am willing to be there is already a partial solution out there waiting to be tapped.